Insight is a utility services provider solving a full range of utility locating, mapping and inspecting needs. Solutions include utility designating, locating, survey, ground penetrating radar (GPR), concrete scanning, vacuum excavation, test holes providing the exact horizontal and vertical location of buried utilities, hydro excavation, stormwater management maintenance, video pipe inspection, pipe jetting and trenchless in-line point repair.
Setting us apart is our state-of-the-art paperless data capture technology bringing the site to you with real time reporting in our UTILI-SEE REPORT. We understand schedules and deadlines and are proud to have developed a proprietary mobile application prepared on site by our experienced field personnel capturing critical utility data in a comprehensive paperless report providing photo documentation of designated and exposed utilities, latitude and longitude coordinates, utility depth, condition and material. When you partner with Insight to meet your objectives, you will receive our proprietary UTILI-SEE REPORT providing the real time site information you require to safely and efficiently see and plan around what's underground. Insight is proud to be the only utility services provider bringing the site to you with this advanced technology.
Insight has been providing immediate efficient solutions on projects of any size and complexity across all market sectors, private and public in the District, Maryland and Virginia. Founded in 2004 by Dennis Showalter and Susan Arnold, Insight has developed one of the largest utility locating and mapping fleets using the most advanced equipment providing our clients immediate availability, usually within one week of Notice to Proceed.
Insight has proudly contributed to the successful completion of several high profile projects in the area by sharing our knowledge of complicated infrastructure and providing safe and efficient utility locating solutions. Our team has been protecting the underground utility systems in our area for over 20 years. We’ve helped shape utility damage prevention legislation and have participated in the creation of industry safety standards.
We save our clients time and money by listening to their specific goals and providing plans to safely and efficiently locate and map the utilities in their site. We understand the complex utility infrastructure in our area and we create plans keeping the scope of work to what is necessary to meet objectives.
Insight has been recognized for its outstanding level of safe work practices and excellence in our field.
- Building of America Network, Community Service Award 2000 - 2009. Insight recognized for its contribution of local and state economic development efforts. Award received for the New Construction and Renovation of the Military Advanced Training Center at Walter Reed.
- Heavy Construction Contractors Association Safety Committee recognized Insight for its Outstanding Safe Work Practices in the category of Engineer Surveyor for the year 2013.
- Heavy Construction Contractors Association Safety Committee recognized Insight for its Outstanding Safe Work Practices in the category of Excavation, Utility Pipe Work, Clearing Grading under 100,000 hours for the year 2014.
- National Utility Contractors Association presented Insight with a William H. Feather Safety Award honorable mention in the field of construction safety for 2014.
- Heavy Construction Contractors Association Awards Committee presented Insight with its 2015 Excellence in Infrastructure Award in the category of projects less than $1 million.
Insight is a proud member of the National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA), Associated Builders & Contractors - Virginia and Metro Chapters (ABC), Washington Building Congress (WBC), Heavy Construction Contractors Association (HCCA) and the Northern Virginia Building Industry Association (NVBIA).